WE ARE OPEN!
Saturday 15 July 11-5
Sunday 16 July 11-5
Saturday 22 July 11-5
Sunday 23 July 11-5
Open studios is a rare, annual opportunity for the public to visit the hidden world of local artists in their studios, workshops or pop-up galleries. It is free of charge.
No appointment is necessary to see the artists' work that range from small curios, jewellery, glass or ceramics to large sculptures, bronzes and epic landscapes. You can meet the artist, discuss techniques, equipment and discover their inspiration. Many artists are available to commission.
If you have never visited an open studio it can be an exhilarating experience to step into someone's garden or house to look into the world of an artist.
We encouraged visitors to:
- visit artists' studios and see their work
- use the maps in the brochure
- follow the signage to studios
- meet the artist and enjoy refreshments
- check the artist's studio is open before setting off
You can look-up the artist's profile's here on the website.
- Download the PDF brochure here.24.56 MB
- Pick up the free brochure from the end of April at local B&Bs, libraries, book shops, cafes and art shops as well as from the artist's studio.
- We can also send you a free brochure in the post from June. Please send an A5 S.A.E. with a large package stamp to: Open Studios Brochure, 'Lungla', Bath Road, Devizes. SN10 1QE.
If you are lucky enough to fall in love with a piece of work, congratulations! Do talk to the artist about taking it home with you straight away, or whether it is only available at the end of the show and when you will need to arrange to pick it up at the end of the month. It is important to know that you may need to pay by cheque, cash or by bank transfer, as artists are not set up for retail and most will not have a card facility.
Disclaimer: Marlborough Open Studios shall not be held responsible for any personal injury or loss or damage of property.
Parking arrangements for each studio are described in our brochure. We ask visitors to park considerately if parking on street.